Thursday, September 13, 2012

Week One of Family 160!

       This week in class has been pretty enjoyable! I have already learned so much from this class and it has only been day 2 of the class. I have recently understood how complicated and how hard it is to conduct research. There was so much more to it then I had ever thought. Such as how are we supposed to measure what is reliable and what is not. I Learned that you have to be very specific because many questions come across differently to different people. You also have to have a big sample group! It is impossible to fully understand what the world is saying when you only interview a few couples about an issue. Also, it is very hard to get people who are honest. It is hard to get people who are not afraid to tell you that their parenting is not very good. Many people have biases which could be very hard to conduct good research! What I have learned is that you have to be very skeptical when you conduct research!
        I also have learned the importance of research strategy. I am excited to learn more about family relations and the importance of it! Not only is it going to effect my family now but it will effect my future family and possibly many generations after that! Can't wait to see where this class takes me!



1 comment: