Sunday, October 28, 2012

Marriage

Marriage! What a fantastic thing in life! What a blessing it is :) Would it be surprising that an average American wedding costs $27,000. WOW! I could not believe this! Yes, I knew weddings are expensive but I did not believe that there are so many people out there that are willing to spend that much money on something that lasts no more then a half a day. There are many girls out there that have been dreaming about their wedding day ever since they were little. There is so much to the wedding... What kind of flowers are we going to have... are we going to have tall vases or short vases that will hold theses flowers. What colors will I be doing... and who will take my pictures. There is so much thought you have to put towards a wedding!
What if we spent our whole lives dreaming of how we are going to plan for our marriage? Our marriages would probably be so much more successful if we would try to plan for our marriage.
We begin to date then courtship then engagement and then marriage. These are the most important times in your life. Dating is where you date around. You try to figure out which type of person you get along with more... who you are more compatible with. Once you find that special someone you usually go to courtship. This is where you think that relationship could turn into a marriage. You see marriage material there! You then go to engagement where you commit to that certain individual that you are willing to marry this person and be faithful to him. Then comes the marriage. This is where you keep learning more and more about each other even though you may have dated awhile and know a lot about that person. But I believe that you are always learning something new about your spouse when you are married.  If we focus more on who we are dating and what type of a marriage we want our whole lives the better the marriage might be. Marriage is such a great thing and has been such a blessing in my own life. I love my husband and I love the way we keep learning so much more together. I love love love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment